Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Pizza - take 2

Monday, 5th May 2014
Second attempt. I tried dough based on a Jamie Oliver recipe, but he uses a kilo of flour to make 8 pizzas in one go, so scaling down for one small one was tough. This time my dough started very sticky and I had to add a lot of flour to get it workable.
Again, it rose nicely, but the dough was so elastic I had a devil of a job getting it rolled out, hence the unusual shape! My toppings were tomato sauce (not a patch on Monika's), roccolo cheese, bacon and parma ham. Not a good choice as it turns out, as the flavours had just power and no subtlety.
This time I heated the stone first, which clearly helped, but I should have taken it out of the oven sooner. The base was hard rather than crispy, and the toppings a little burned. Somewhere in between the first two attempts is needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment