Sunday, December 22, 2013

Cocktail Roundup December 2013


December 2013
Lots of Orange and Lemon this month. Blood and Sand was the winner I think.
Blood and Sand.
Elysian Fields.
Gin and Sin (1½ oz Gin, 1 oz Lemon Juice, 1 oz Orange Juice, Dash of Grenadine). I'm finding that Grenadine is too overpowering, even in small amounts.
Corpse Reviver (¾ oz Gin, ¾ oz Cointreau, ¾ oz Lillet, ¾ oz Lemon Juice, dash of Absinthe).
Orange and Peach Blossom (1½ oz Gin, ½ oz Orange Juice, ½ oz Cointreau, ½ oz Peach Liqueur, Juice of ½ Lemon, Dash of Orange Bitters). Peach Liqueur added instead of Simple Syrup made for an Orange Blossom variation.

2 comments:

  1. Grenadine: I read somewhere that the usual grenadine you find these days is too overpowering - particularly due to the sweetness. Traditionally Grenadine is Pomegranate Syrup, and I've been using the Monin Pomegranate Syrup which seems to work reasonably well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip. To be honest I have been avoiding Monin on the assumption (possibly mistaken) that they use predominantly artificial and not natural flavours. But I will check it out again.

      Delete